Select the appropriate answer, or answers, for each question . You will get immediate feedback on the true and false and single answer multiple choice questions. For the multiple choice questions that may have more than one right answer you must press the submit button when you are done. Some of the questions give you more than one try. If you would like to start the quiz over at any point, click the reload or refresh button. Good luck.
1. Online library catalogs, electronic periodical indexes, and World Wide Web search engines are all examples of databases.
2. In a database, a condensed description of content and representation of an actual "thing" is called?
3. Your database search will use only the field or fields you specify to retrieve results.
4. What information from the following electronic periodical index record can be used to find additional, related sources (Choose all that apply)
5. Why would you use an electronic periodical index?
For each of the next three questions choose "library"
6. Information is not classified in a systematic way.
7. Information sources generally go through an evaluation or peer-review process.
8. Information is in a permanent collection.
9. Which of the following is most likely to take you to the Website of the National Center for Health Statistics at the U. S. Centers for Disease Control?
10. Which of the following will retrieve the terms 'music,' 'musician,' 'musical,' 'musicians,' and 'musicality' in most electronic periodical indexes?
11. Library online catalogs and periodical indexes are different from Web search engines because? (Choose all that apply)
12. The SHC Library online catalog (SIRSI) allows you to search by which of the following fields? (Choose all that apply)
13. All articles found in periodical indexes are suitable for your research projects.
14. Which one of the following best represents the kind of Boolean computer search a skilled researcher would use to retrieve relevant results for this question?
"What are the scientific and ethical issues of reproduction research, specifically those related to cloning?"
15. Which of the following questions should you ask when evaluating information found on the WWW? (Choose all that apply)