Select the appropriate answer, or answers, for each question . You will get immediate feedback on the true and false and single answer multiple choice questions. For the multiple choice questions that may have more than one right answer you must press the submit button when you are done. Some of the questions give you more than one try. If you would like to start the quiz over at any point, click the reload or refresh button. Good luck.
1. The unorganized and unevaluated raw material of observation or thought is called:
2. Library classification systems attempt to shelve books together by?
3. Knowledge reflects: (Check all that apply)
4. Information reflects an organization of data or facts to the point that statements can be made about them either true or false, coherent or incoherent.
5. The Spring Hill College Library uses
the Library of Congress Classification system to organize materials
the library owns.
6. The same controlled vocabulary can be used to search the Library online catalog and the Library periodical indexes.
7. The Library of Congress Classification System organizes knowledge into 21 broad categories. The first letter of an LC call number indicates the general subject area.
8. What is the purpose of a classification system? (Choose all that apply)
9. Which of the following do not circulate?
10. An alphabetical listing of definitive subject terms used in a periodical index or database is called: